Tuesday, May 13, 2008

I Blossom As I Fly Free

It has taken me longer to get the second post up for this page than it did to do it. I can't believe how it time just flew by. Four days, start to finish. OK the cord for the border was already made and it was printed out and everything was ready to start but it still went really quick. I think the big things were that it didn't have much thread work (just the couching of cords on) and I didn't use many seed beads. As the year went by when I saw leaf beads especially on sale I bought them and I used a lot of them up on this. This page has been a really pleasure to work on and it looks so much like spring to me, life in bloom. Blooming flowers to begin and end my BJP year. The blossoming of friendships and artistic talents that so many of us have experienced in this last year together.


I still have work to do since I need to put the information (title, name etc) on the backs of the pieces. I also need to make the cards and journals for the November to May pieces which will take me awhile. I have things I need to do before I start on those but I expect that after Wayne and I get back from our trip (to Bead International and a few other places) that I will get to work on that. Luckily I have until September to get them finished and get ready to start a new year.

I need to get photos ready to send in for our website and Flickr and a few other things. If you want to see more photos I have updated my Artistic Kreations and Passions website, my Web Gallery, and the BJP section of my website.

I will try to spend some time on fleshing out my ideas and see about posting some of it here. Just a teaser to make you want to check back before next years BJP starts, in case the cards and journals are not temptation enough.

5 comments:

Robin said...

OMG! This one makes me sooooo happy, especially on this cold, rainy, dreary day! I can't even tell where the beads and the photo start and end... they blend together perfectly, as though they have a simbiotic relationship. If this isn't the epitome of spring blooms, I can't imagine what is!

Barb said...

This is outstanding! I kept looking at it and thinking, "This can't be beading..." What a beautiful piece. I could get lost in it.

vivage said...

Every one of your pieces stymies my eyes! I really want to see them in person.

pam T said...

OOOOOO your work (can one call it work???) your ART leaves me stunned and breathless! You are incredible!

Angela said...

Thanks all of you, It has really been interesting this year combining beads and photos and some have been a lot more successful than I could have expected.

Vivage I agree wouldn't it be great to have a show so that you could see all of the work. With all of the amazing work I have seen from so many it would be sensory overload in such a good way.- Angie