Monday, July 23, 2007

The Journal.

Friday, June 29, 2007




Not only have I had fun creating my June page, I enjoyed making the journal to go with it. I have pretty much finished it. I still need to do an "About the Artist" bit and I have 2 tags that I can add to if I want.

I think each of the journals will end up as unique as each page will. Although my original idea of putting them into a pocket on the back won't work I am going to continue working on them. I will probably make a box for them to go into once they are finished. I have started the card to go into the back pocket, just need to figure out what I want to say on the card. Probably a synopsis of what I have on the tags.



I am thrilled with how the tags turned out. I used purchased tags and then used water soluble oil pastels to sketch on them. I printed out what I wanted to say on to a vellum with a leaf pattern on it and then attached it to the tag with vellum tape. You can still see the sketching through the vellum and I couldn't have asked for it to turn out better. I attached a green printed paper to the back and then added small prints of my piece in progress or the details of it. Looking at it you can't even tell the original booklet was light blue.

No comments: