Monday, July 23, 2007

The Last Stitch



Sunday, June 24, 2007

Yesterday I finished the last stitches on my June Page and am thrilled with how it turned out. I have learned so much on this month and have expanded my available methods of expression. I have never used my photography with my beading and it included challenges of figuring out how to add the beading with out loosing the essence of the photograph.





















I also spent a majority of my time yesterday working on the journal that will go with my page. I learned something, you should make sure that your pocket is big enough for your journal, that said; since my journal seems to have gotten a bit bigger than originally anticipated it won't really do well in the pocket when the piece is hanging on the wall. My solution to this is that I will do a journal for the month but for the pocket I will make a card with some of the information on it. The journals will be separate from the BJP pages.





I played with different techniques for the journals so far. The most fun was trying out the water soluble oil pastels that I bought while shopping for things Wayne needed for deployment. I used my inspiration photos as guides and did some loose sketches onto tags that will be covered with a patterned vellum that I have printed my journal entries on. Mostly this months tells about the project, my goals and some of the techniques I used. I will add photos of the journal when it is finished in the next day or two. July's idea has hatched and I am starting it's journalso that you can follow the path with me if you want.

No comments: