Monday, July 23, 2007

Stepping Out Onto The Path Before Me.

Thursday, July 12, 2007




I have a feeling that the gate in this month's page is going to be more than a little symbolic to my life. In the last few weeks I have been feeling that I am on the edge of a change in my life. I am not exactly sure what kind of change it is but I find myself resisting it at times. I know deep down inside that it has been coming for a while and with everything going on with Wayne's trips to train and the move and now his deployment I have been too distracted to notice. Now as things are calming down and I settle into a routine and spend most of my time alone maybe I can focus and figure out what I need to to let go to take the first step in the journey to my future.

I spent all of Saturday beading on my July page and have a very good start on my flowers. Since they are closer to the viewer I want them to have more detail and dimension. I have been using layered backstitch, peyote, picots and netting to ruffle the edges of the petals and add depth to the piece. I haven't spent any time beading on the piece since Saturday although I did take time to start working on the journal to go with it. I will try to get some photos of where I have them so I can add that.

I would like to thank all of the people who have given their thoughts and prayers to Wayne and me and to all of the wonderful people who have left comments about my work. I have truly enjoyed looking at all of the work that everyone else is doing and if you haven't checked out the BJP blog has links to a large group of very talented and varied group of beaders, from beginners to those who have been beading for many years.

No comments: