Monday, June 4, 2007
On Saturday I went through lots of fabrics and trims and chose ones that I thought would be good for this month's piece and possibly future pieces. After going through my selections a couple of times I found the fabric that I wanted. I then decided to add fusible fleece to the back of the fabric and made a sub-straight out of EZ-Felt. I wrapped the fabric around that and whip stitched them together. I chose a woven ribbon to border the piece and hand stitched that on. I printed my photos onto a piece of June Tailor Quick Fuse after arranging them and sizing them on the computer. (I love my i-Mac) Sunday I cut them out and trimmed a few of them and then ironed them onto the piece. Then it was time to start the fun stuff, picking out beads and start beading. I started with my largest photo because I had an idea of what I wanted to do with them. I am just working as I decide what I want in an area and will add as I figure this out. I am thrilled with how things are going and although this months will be a little less mixed media than I am hoping some of my later months will be. I am trying new things and hope they will lead me in new directions.